Do you think your teeth could be whiter? With all the coffee, wine, smoking and other foods that have the ability to stain our teeth on a daily basis, even proper maintenance sometimes leaves them a little lackluster. Teeth whitening is an excellent way to restore the natural color of your teeth or even make them whiter than your natural color!
To accomplish the whitening of your teeth, we utilize a tray whitening system. This tray whitening system is completed in only 2 visits. The first step is to take an impression of your teeth, with this impression we’ll craft you custom whitening trays. We will have the trays ready with in a couple of days. The second step is to pick up your custom trays and whitening solution, take them home and get started. You will wear these trays while you sleep at night for 2 weeks. Easy! This often results in a whiter smile between 4 -16 shades lighter! We use the best whitening system available, with NO sensitivity. You can have a beautiful WHITE smile in only 2 weeks!
How KoR Works:
Teeth whitening can often be a frustrating, problematic and unpredictable proposition. Historically, whitening system companies have promised ease-of-use, outstanding results and happy patients. But you’ve probably experienced a gap between what’s promised and what’s delivered. Most dentists providing teeth whitening have been frustrated with a lack of predictability, effectiveness, and longevity of effect, as well as complaints of sensitivity by patients.
Intrinsic tooth color is a result of large natural pigment and stain molecules trapped within the microstructure of teeth. The larger these molecules are, the more chromophores they contain, and the darker the teeth appear.All peroxide gels work by forming hydrogen peroxide as their end product. Hydrogen peroxide breaks down to water, oxygen, and numerous radicals and byproducts known as “bleaching factors” that lighten teeth.Optimum whitening results are achieved only when these whitening gels are: fully potent; chemically influenced to produce a high percentage of free radicals (instead of simply oxygen and water); and are allowed extended time for these factors to diffuse thoroughly into the microstructure of teeth.
Clinical Research Associates (CRA) as well as other researchers have found that whitening gel in conventional whitening trays is only strongly active for 25-35 minutes. This is due to rapid contamination of the whitening gel by saliva.
Both saliva and sulcular fluid contain an abundance of the anti-oxidant enzyme peroxidase. When filling a set of upper and lower whitening trays with whitening gel, approximately 6.5mg of peroxide is placed in the trays. Saliva is capable of destroying a full 29mg of peroxide per minute! It takes very little contamination of the whitening gel in the trays by saliva to destroy whitening gel on contact.
KöR whitening KöR-Seal™ trays are specifically designed to seal both saliva and sulcular fluid out of the whitening trays. These trays, in combination with KöR Whitening’s continuously refrigerated Dual-Activated, Tri-Barrel™ Hydremide® Peroxide Technology provide 6 to 10 hours of whitening activity compared to the typical 25-35 minutes.
The result is a thorough cleansing of debris from between enamel rods, rejuvenating the enamel and delivering truly amazing whiteness.
- KöR is the only whitening system in the world refrigerated constantly from the instant of manufacture until YOU use it, ensuring absolute freshness and effectiveness. The difference is amazing!
- KöR Whitening is so effective; it is the only recognized system in the world that will even whiten tetracycline (dark) stained teeth, which was previously thought to be impossible.
- With KöR you whiten while you sleep in total comfort. No need to find time to whiten during your busy day. And KöR-Seal™ Whitening Trays are so comfortable that most patients wake up in the morning having forgotten the trays are even in their mouths.
- With easy periodic at-home maintenance your teeth will stay white permanently, even while you continue to drink red wine, tea, coffee etc.
- During the whitening process nearly all patients experience only low to typically no teeth sensitivity
- The KöR procedure is comfortable and 100% safe for your teeth and gums. The result is a radiantly white, natural appearing smile that you will LOVE! It’s perfect for everyone!
- Decades of scientific research and millions of whitening cases have proven KöR® Whitening is entirely safe for teeth and gums.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Why does KöR® Whitening work so well?
The KöR Whitening System works by restoring your teeth’s youthful ability to absorb oxygen. The oxygen from its whitening gel is absorbed deeply into the tooth, dissolving and removing stain molecules.
How does the KöR® Whitening system work?
Molds of your teeth will be made to fabricate your own unique, ultra-comfortable KöRSeal™ whitening trays. You and your dentist will select which level of KöR Whitening is the proper fit for you. Most patients wear their KöR-Seal Whitening Trays at home for two weeks while they sleep. Depending on your selections, you may have one or two simple whitening visits in the dental office.
How long does KöR® Whitening last?
Unlike other whitening methods, with easy periodic home maintenance, KöR Whitening is entirely permanent.
Is there pain or discomfort with KöR® Whitening?
Many have experienced pain during teeth whitening. Maybe you’ve experienced it yourself. After years of research, development and clinical testing, Dr. Rod Kurthy, the inventor of KöR Whitening, introduced a whitening gel that, in most cases, produces little to no sensitivity. As a result, most patients have no discomfort from whitening when using this system. We have found KöR Whitening to be the gentlest whitening system available.